I am delighted to share a guest blog from Shirley Palmer, guest on the Rocking Your Role Radio show, this blog really resonates with the Chapter in Rocking Your Role on ME Time.
Whether you are working in a corporate, running your own business or a parent at home looking after the family I feel compelled to ask you the question “who is investing in you?”
Here is the reason why. I look at life as if it is a journey and I believe that the most important thing to achieve each day is to learn and grow a little more rather than worry about the final destination. By learning about new things, creating new daily habits and attaining more knowledge you will empower and inspire yourself on your path to happiness and success.
“The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try and the belief that it is actually possible.” – Joel Brown
Whilst learning and growing we can often be faced with challenges and obstacles conversely I would simply encourage you to really look at the opportunity that is within the challenge, flip it over and take the goodness out of it. Change tends to provoke the thought that it will be difficult, tough and possibly even painful but when we give ourselves permission to change we also see that it serves as a reminder that these life lessons sometimes can be the making of us.
It is important to have a vision of the future and put in place a plan of how it can be achieved. However it is in implementing the small daily rituals and routines that we can see the amazing benefits achieved in a week, a month and in a year. By taking responsibility for our own lives and investing in our own needs we can allow ourselves to reap from the rewards.
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” – John C Maxwell
So ask yourself today what you can do to invest in your future. Is it learning how to change your mindset, a new skill, language or a course? Will it benefit you and your own business or the one you work for? You might also want to consider something that is more creative allowing you to tap into the imagination and letting the new ideas and inspirations flow. You might want to consider what options are available through connections in your personal or business network, your local community or the business you work for, most companies give staff opportunities to enhance their skill set and are being more innovative with their courses or workshops.
Here are some of my personal thoughts where you can invest in yourself and by practicing them daily they will help you create positive change in your life.
· Be inspired. Your thoughts create your dreams and your dreams create reality.
· Do everything with a loving and happy mind set. Be kind and loving and full of joy, this way you will attract more into your life.
· Value yourself. Be open and honest with yourself in any given situation.
· Be the change you want in your life. Make a decision to change and get on with life, you can always change direction along the way.
· Allow yourself to give up the past, clear the clutter. The past is over; let it go, you are successful right now! Clear all the clutter from your life.
· Be passionate. Allow yourself to truly feel the passion rise throughout your body and soul in all you do.
· Believe in yourself. Allow yourself to be the person you were born to be; peace and success are attainable by all.
· Embrace silence. Give yourself the opportunity to be quiet, to be in nature, and consider a daily walk and it’s free.
· Practice meditation daily. This will help you find the connection to your higher self, to inner peace and success.
· Finally, ask for help. When it all seems too much, then ask for help, a friend, a counsellor, a coach or a healer.
You can view Shirley’s interview on You Tube
Jenny Garrett is the Award Winning Coach and founder of Reflexion Associates, a leadership and coaching consultancy. She’s also the author of Rocking Your Role, a how-to guide to success for female breadwinners.