This is the final blog in the Series of 50 Tips to get you Rocking Your Role in Work & Life. We’ve focused on Time, healthy diet and body, de cluttering, and finally but most importantly today is all about You.
Focusing on You is an important part of Rocking your Role in Life, you need time to reflect, evaluate, heal and nourish. Here are some ideas on how you might do this.
- Having time with nature – a walk along a canal, or in a park, where you can listen to the birds and feel the wind in your hair is a great way to take time out
- Having dates with yourself may sound strange. But actually booking a day out just for you and going to the cinema, visiting an art gallery or treating yourself to lunch is a good to way to get some head space
- 30 minutes in a Flotation tank is the perfect antidote to the constant stream of media messages that we receive daily. It slows you down and enables you to prioritize effectively
- Meditation can be done in the privacy of your home, just 5 minutes of stilling your mind can help you be both more productive and calm
- A Spa Day is a wonderful indulgence, looking after yourself from the out side in
- Retreats really do take you out of your usual environment and provide space to reevaluate
- Looking after you doesn’t have to be costly, a luxurious bath with bubbles and candles is the perfect end to a long day
- Connecting with close friends, laughing and sharing is a real re energiser.
- Counseling, therapy, coaching, mentoring are sources of support that you can lean on.
- Learning something new, such as a new language or skill is an opportunity to meet people and widen your horizons, a real investment in you.
I do hope that you enjoyed reading and are putting into practice this series of tips. For even more practical tips on how to craft the life you want, join me on the 6th March in Solihull for an ILM MasterClass on Rocking Your Role in Work & Life
Jenny Garrett is the Executive Coach and founder of Rocking Your Role.com