Day 3 in the Series of 50 Tips to get you Rocking Your Role in Work & Life. Mondays Tips were on managing your Time, and yesterday I shared tips on adopting a healthy diet. Eating healthy isn’t enough, we are must also get your body moving, so here are some tips on how to do just that .
Twenty minutes three times a week is a good start to get you body Rocking. Here are some ideas of what you could do in that time
- Running. Join a running club or sign up for a sponsored run to give you something to aim for.
- Walk whenever you can. That might mean walking up escalators, parking a little further away, leaving the car all together. Whatever gets the heart pumping
- There are great exercise games for Video consoles, from serious fitness to fun active games that make you break out in a sweat, you don’t need to leave your home to get a full blown workout.
- Teams sports are a great way of getting fit and making friends. The commitment to your team members will keep you coming back for more.
- Join a gym is a good option with many assigning you a personal trainer now, you can design the workout the fulfills your needs
- Dancing is popular and enjoyable way of keeping active, whether its line, salsa, ballroom or belly, there’s a dance class for everyone.
- Swimming is the ultimate all over low impact exercise, if you like the water, I would highly recommend it
- For those who want a quick injection of exercise, sign up for a boot camp to run you through your paces.
- For those who want to connect mind and body, Yoga is the prefect solution.
- Gardening is a great source of exercise, combined with fresh air and you could even take the opportunity to grow your own.
Tomorrows focus will be on Rocking Your Home or Office, see you then
For even more practical tips to craft the life you want, join me on the 6th March in Solihull for an ILM MasterClass on Rocking Your Role in Work & Life
Jenny Garrett is the Executive Coach and founder of Rocking Your Role.com