Day 2 in the Series of 50 Tips to get you Rocking Your Role in Work & Life. Yesterday I shared tips on Time and today we are focused on Rocking Your Diet
You diet affects your energy levels, your ability to get good nights sleep and to function effectively. Eating healthily is something that easily slip when you are leading a busy and unpredictable life. Here are some tops tips to help you start to make some changes however busy you are.
- Cook in advance and freeze meals, creating your very own fast food.
- Shop online, you’ll be less tempted by unhealthy treats, its great for budgeting ad saving time too
- Plan your meals in advance so that you have the ingredients ready for your healthy meals and wont be tempted to have a take away
- Snack on nuts, seeds and fruit instead of chocolate and sweets
- Try a juice detox – just 3 days can cleanse your systems and set you on path to healthy eating
- Use the 80/20 rule, you just need to be good 80% of the time
- Eliminate stimulants such as caffeine from your diet, you may feel withdrawal at first but when that passes you notice less erratic energy surges and lows in your body each day
- Cut out red meat and reduce your alcohol intake, essential for a healthy heart and liver
- Take time to eat. Rather than eating while doing other things, tae the time to consciously eat and be aware of what you are taking into your body. You’ll notice when you are full and less likely to snack
- Drink lots of water, its great for the skin and helps you feel full for longer.
Tomorrows focus will be on Rocking Your Body, see you then
If you want even more practical tips to craft the life you want, join me on the 6th March in Solihull for an ILM MasterClass on Rocking Your Role in Work & Life
Jenny Garrett is the Executive Coach and founder of Rocking Your Role.com