We all want to give our very best in work and life, but sometimes the competing demands and responsibilities can lead us to feel overwhelmed and inundated, and so unable to rock our role in the way we want to.
Over the next 5 days, I will provide you with 50 top tips to help you Rock Your Role in Work & Life. Todays tips are about focused on getting a handle on your time, something that feels scarce for most of us.
Rocking Your Time
Ask yourself, how important the task is and if you really need to do it, you might just find you need to do a lot less.
- Manage the amount of time you spend on the internet – software like ‘Freedom’ which lets you decide the times in which you can access it can help
- Add personal and private appointments and tasks into your diary so that you get a full picture of your time commitments
- Watch less TV and notice how much time it frees up for you
- Learn to say ‘No’
- Write your ‘Don’t do’ list, the things that you do that are a waste of your time and stop doing them now
- Delegate in and out of the home. What can you empower others to do?
- Online shopping saves time and can be done at a time convenient for you
- Use apps to organize your life, such as ‘Mint’ for keeping tabs on your money
- Try not to drive, instead use your journeys to read, respond to message or make calls en route
- Plan your day and plan for interruptions, so you know what you want to achieve and set realistic goals for yourself
Tomorrows focus will be on Rocking Your Diet, see you then
If you want even more practical tips to craft the life you want, join me on the 6th March in Solihull for an ILM MasterClass on Rocking Your Role in Work & Life
Jenny Garrett is the Executive Coach and founder of Rocking Your Role.com